Tuesday, March 20, 2007




NITA - MOM

I have a picture at my place
Of Nita with a younger face -
Emerald eyes, a smile fair,
And daisies in her soft brown hair.



I knew her then -She owned my heart.
I never thought we’d be apart.
I never thought we’d say good-bye.
I see her still in my minds eye -

A sun dress on her shapely hips,
And chocolate on her ruby lips –
Lovely as the break of day,
Her laugh could steal your heart away.

Time has slipped away it seems,
And so have all my childhood dreams.
When next we met she couldn’t speak -
Her fingers bent -her body weak.

Our Nita left the world today -
She closed her eyes and slipped away.
A kiss good-bye - A silent prayer -
She reached for God - and He was there.

Now Nita folds her flawless hands,

How beautiful and straight she stands.
A sun dress on her shapely hips,
And chocolate on her ruby lips.


Our Nita wears a smile up there
And daisies in her soft brown hair.

In loving memory of Juanita Kelley

who passed away on 06/26/01

Victoria 2001
Painting: Yellow Daisy by Justin